By Linda A. Kinnahan
Read or Download A History of Twentieth-Century American Women's Poetry PDF
Similar college & university education books
In 450 entries ranging in size from three hundred to greater than 2500 phrases every one, this booklet is an A-to-Z encyclopedic advisor that introduces highschool and faculty scholars to a few of the best-loved twentieth and 21st-century British poets and poetry.
Taking a cognitive technique, this e-book asks what poetry, and particularly Holocaust poetry, does to the reader - and to what quantity the interpretation of this poetry could have an identical results. it's knowledgeable via present theoretical dialogue and lines many sensible examples. Holocaust poetry differs from different genres of writing concerning the Holocaust in that it isn't a lot involved to record proof as to rfile emotions and the feel of an event.
Kafka's Ethics of Interpretation refutes the oft-repeated declare, made by way of Kafka's maximum interpreters, together with Walter Benjamin and Harold Bloom, that Kafka sought to dodge interpretation of his writings. Jennifer L. Geddes exhibits that this declare approximately Kafka's planned uninterpretability isn't just unsuitable, it additionally misconstrues a crucial hindrance of his paintings.
The 1st book-length edited assortment on Machado de Assis, this quantity deals essays on Machado de Assis' paintings that supply new serious views not just Brazilian literature and heritage, but additionally to social, cultural, and political phenomena that proceed to have worldwide repercussions.
- Impossible Joyce: Finnegans Wakes
- Relativism, Alternate History, and the Forgetful Reader: Reading Science Fiction and Historiography
- Beyond Foundations: Developing as a Master Academic Advisor
- Genre in English Literature, 1650-1700: Transitions in Drama and Fiction
- The Ashgate Research Companion to Monsters and the Monstrous
- Postmodern Counternarratives: Irony and Audience in the Novels of Paul Auster, Don DeLillo, Charles Johnson, and Tim O'Brien (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
Additional info for A History of Twentieth-Century American Women's Poetry
A History of Twentieth-Century American Women's Poetry by Linda A. Kinnahan